Friday, March 7, 2014

My Daughter the Running Coach

Raphaela knows that normally I exercise while she is in school, but on Friday afternoons, I have no choice but to run with her at home.  She knows that I will allow her to watch one of her videos for at least part of the time, so I can focus.

This Friday I kept putting off my run until Raphaela said, in the most sympathetic tone and with the sweetest smile possible, "Mommy, don't you want to start your run?  Don't you want to feel really good and healthy?"

Victory for the Chiropractor, whose daughter has obviously absorbed the lessons of good health and the body's power to heal.  Victory for the daughter of the Chiropractor, who has learned how to create a win-win situation and use all the right words to accomplish her goal.

1 comment:

Batya said...

No doubt she learned from her mother how to make suggestions sweetly and not nudgingly.