Thursday, December 19, 2013

Gilligan's Island PTSD

This morning, half awake and half asleep, I turned over in bed to check the time, and noticed that my digital alarm clock was dead.  I immediately shot up and said, "S**t!  Another electrical shortage, I thought this was all behind us! I can't take this anymore..."

Then I grabbed my flashlight - which has sat next to my bed since the storm - and started roaming around the house, seeing if any other lights worked, it was pitch dark.  I went over to the electrical box and shut down the whole system and implemented a restart.

Went back to my bedroom only to realize that my alarm clock had been somehow unplugged, and that house was functioning properly.  There I was, wide awake at five am.

2 comments:

Rachel Selby said...

I have to say that we found it very difficult to get up before 8 on Thursday and Friday after the long snowliday. Of course this morning when we didn't have to get up, we were awake by 7.

Batya said...

Not easy, but panic does come too easily.