Sunday, October 20, 2013

This past Friday night, Raphaela fell and cracked open her chin, all the way through to the bone, forcing us to go to the Emergency Room at Shaarei Zedek Hosptial.  The amount of blood pouring out of her little body was scary enough, until she had a severe allergic reaction to the anesthesia, and then it got even scarier.

We are home now and all stitched up, and I am having a harder time getting past the incident than my daughter.  I am so grateful to have my child, and if nothing else, have learned not to take anything or anyone for granted.

As my cousin said to me, "This parenting thing ain't for the weak."

Today I read Mister (Fred) Rogers for inspiration and faith, and it resonated with me when he wrote, "There's a loving mystery at the heart of the universe, just yearning to be expressed."

No comments: