Friday, July 26, 2013

I don't normally like to take Raphaela with me to a facial treatment or something else that is meant to be relaxing, but with the Summer vacation I didn't have much choice.  Actually, Raphaela quite enjoys coming with me, because she knows that my friend Tally loves kids and will give her the princess treatment;  nail polish, lip gloss and usually a small treat.

Sitting in the car on the way to the studio, Raphaela suddenly said, "Mommy, I think I should give Tally some money because she is so nice to me and does very good work."

Literally stunned into silence for a minute at the spontaneous and mature comprehension my daughter had just displayed, I finally said, "Raphaela, that is a wonderful idea and so kind to acknowledge Tally's hard work."

As soon as we arrived, Raphaela opened her little pocketbook, took out her change purse (which contains small coins), gave Tally a few coins and said thank you. And indeed, she chose silver sparkly nail polish and lip gloss .

When I finished my facial treatment, I started to take my wallet out to pay and Raphaela interrupted, "Mommy, you don't have to pay, I took care of it!"

No comments: