Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Invited to the Ball, Briefly

Normally, each morning Raphaela and I have a conversation that goes something like this:

Mommy:  Gan sounds like so much fun, can I come to Gan with you?
Raphaela:  No, it is MY Gan.
Mommy:  (pretending to be sad)
Raphaela:  (firmly) Mommy, you have work and I go to Gan.

This morning for some reason I found favor, and Raphaela told me, "Mommy, you don't have to work today. I want you to come with me to Gan today and stay and play with me."

Of course I was thrilled at the invitation, though I knew that I could not play hooky from the clinic; but as soon as we got to Gan, Raphaela saw her BFF and forgot about me.  She sat down next to her friend, sharing the waffles I had brought for her breakfast, and telling her what a great Mommy she has, how much she loves me.

I can live with that.

No comments: