Saturday, September 22, 2012

DST

Like every issue in Israel, the annual decision regarding Daylight Savings Time was fraught with dirty religiously-based needless politics.  Last night we changed the clocks  - "Spring Forward, Fall Back" - and I thought about that lovely extra hour of sleep, especially since the dream of the Shabbat nap has been deemed impossible by my daughter.

Predictably, Raphaela woke me up at four am, one hour earlier than her usual, and ready to go.  ("Mommy, you will not close your eyes anymore!")  As well, not surprisingly, we were the first to arrive at Gan this morning.

4 comments:

Rachel Selby said...

I was woken at 5am and spent until 7.30 rushing with a sick child to the bathroom. At 7.30 I called the ganenet to say she wouldn't be coming in. At 7.40 she announced: I'm feeling better now, what can I eat? Thankfully she has just conked out on the footstool (yes it doesn't look comfortable but I don't dare to try and move her). Such is life.

Doc said...

Feel better!

tesyaa said...

You'll actually get that extra hour of sleep when the clocks change back... for people with little kids, it's kind of reversed.

Amy Charles said...

I really don't understand why the far right has the kind of power it does in Israel. A primer would be handy.