Monday, April 16, 2012

My Little Sabra

Over Chol Hamoed, I made a point of scheduling a field trip every morning, followed by lunch, naps for Mommy and Raphaela, and then a trip to the park.

One day, a group of older children were playing a fairly aggressive game of soccer, and Raphaela desperately wanted to join in with "the guys."  They ignored her for the most part, and once (by accident) hit her hard on the back with a misguided kick of the soccer ball.

Raphaela immediately asked to go home.  With a determined look on her face, she retrieved her "Dora" ball from the playroom, and informed me that she was now ready to return to the park, armed with her determination, and her own sports equipment.

I worry less these days about her being able to take care of herself in Israeli society, and I so admire her inner strength and character.

No comments: