Monday, September 19, 2011

Music to My Ears

With Rosh HaShanah coming, I should be cleansing my mind and heart, and aspiring to better behaviour.  Since this morning, I have been grinning inside, and feeling guilty for my thoughts of joy.  I will explain.

My new apartment has wonderful panoramic views of...my neighbors, including my old apartment.  This morning I heard noises of drilling and wall destruction coming from the old place, and then the giant construction trash bin pulled up.  That's when I started smiling.

The whole year and a half that I suffered because of my former land lord, his contruction and his illegal apartment, none of my neighbors gave me a kind word, expressed sympathy, or took my side when my land lord was clearly in the wrong.  As long as it did not affect them or their quality of life directly, they stopped being human toward me; and then they decided to come along for the ride when I stood up for myself, and the building.

Now they can live with drilling, vibration and noise right beneath their home, and I promise you, it will affect them and their children directly.  Now they can begin to understand how Raphaela and I suffered by the hand of a Construction Mobster, and why I had to flee the place in which I had lived for six years.

Karma's a bitch.

1 comment: