Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Menu Planning

One of the pre-surgery items on my To-do list involves grocery shopping, not only for Shabbat, assuming we make it home in time for the weekend, but also for the following week, in which Raphaela's diet will be limited. 

I don't want to serve her ice cream all week, and so I am asking my readers, specifically those whose children have undergone a similar procedure of tonsil and adenoid removal:  what can I feed my daughter that week that will provide her with nutrition as well as relief from the post-op pain?

All suggestions are welcome, I thank you all in advance.

4 comments:

Rachel Selby said...

Yogurt? Good luck with the op. I wish RR aspeedy recovery.

Rachel Selby said...

Woops! Just read previous post where you say no dairy. Soup?

Ali said...

I had my tonsils and adenoids removed when I was around 10 years old. I remember a lot of jello, and homemade popsicles made with fruit juice. Because of her age, you could probably even feed her baby food/pureed fruits and veggies. As I got better, I moved onto pasta. The younger the kid, the quicker they bounce back. I remember babysitting my cousin three days after her surgery (5years old), and she was bouncing off the walls and eating bananas and pasta.

Tel Avivit said...

Jello, apple sauce and pareve ice cream or sorbet.

After a few days, scrambled eggs and maybe pasta.

She will not be able to eat anything hot after the operation, so soup is out.