Saturday, July 23, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me

Today, Sunday, on the occasion of my 43rd birthday,  I will be staying home and keeping Raphaela under observation, feeding her food that she would rather not have.  If I am feeling less paranoid, we will do two errands outside the house, yipee.

In more recent years I have wanted to give my birthday a proper celebration, a change from the pattern of most of my life, so I am bummed that this year will be mostly neglected.  I find it symbolic that as a one-year old, I sat in front of the television and watched the first moon landing, and this past week, NASA shut down its manned space program.

4 comments:

Rachel Selby said...

Happy Birthday. Enjoying your daughter after her first successful operation is a great celebration. Have a wonderful year ahead.

SuperRaizy said...

Wishing you a happy birthday and a wonderful year to come.

Amy Charles said...

Happy birthday! And hey, you got a grownup present this year: a healthy little girl who came through surgery fine. Mazel tov.

Ariela said...

Happy birthday.