Monday, July 4, 2011

Everlasting Gobstopper

Those of you who have read the book Charlie and the Chocolate Factory will understand the reference.

For several weeks now, we have been going to Gymboree and I hand the woman at the door my pass.  She is supposed to make some mark that indicates that one session of Gymboree has been used, out of the total of ten on the card.  I recently realized that she has been pretending to mark it off, and has been giving Raphaela free sessions.

I first thought that maybe her eyesight was weak, since she recently had emergency surgery.  So today I made a point of making sure that she marked it off properly.  The woman's face fell, and she indicated in so many words that she had been purposely giving me a free pass, and that in my insistence I have ruined her 'gift.'

I can be dense sometimes.

1 comment:

koshergourmetmart said...

It is nice that she gave you freebie classes. However, you did the right thing ethically and halically and is a good example for RR. I've heard of stories where parents who pay $10,000+ for yeshiva who do not correct the ticket taker at an amusement park about their child's age so they can pay the lower price. The ticket taker charges for a child who is 8.The adult who knows their child is 9 does not disagree in order to avoid paying the adult price.