Saturday, June 25, 2011

It's a Miracle!

This past Shabbat, we had dinner at friends who have somewhat older children.  We have eaten there before, and I seem to remember having a conversation before about Raphaela's mysterious paternity. 

During the meal, one of the kids asked me if I have a husband, and who is Raphaela's father.  I replied with my standard, "I didn't find the right person yet to be the father, and so I had a baby first and will have a husband later."  It went over well, or at least I thought it did.

Later, my friend told me that her children are in a bit of shock, because they have an aunt who is also an SMBC, and she had been telling her nieces and nephews that her twins were conceived by a miracle from G-d.  I apologized to my friend, that I had disabused them of the myth of immaculate conception.

No comments: