Sunday, April 17, 2011

Self-Fulfilling Prophesy

We were meant to have Pessach seder at Savta Shira's in Tekoa.  Tekoa, for those unaware of the Green Line geography, sits in the Gush Etzion area, over the Green Line and about a 25 minute car ride, if you take the back road through Arab villiages.  For the last few days, I have been looking forward to the holiday, but fearing for the safety of the journey.

This afternoon, with some last minute Pessach shopping on the list, my car would not start.  Most likely the problem lies in the battery, but I don't know if it can be resolved before the holiday; the whole country shuts down as Pessach gets closer and closer, Israel is consistent that way.

Some voice in my head said "THANK G-D," when my car stalled, and that gave me the clearest answer, we will stay in Jerusalem for the seder, Raphaela and I will sleep in our own beds, and we will visit with Savta Shira and Jonathan once the car is well again.  The worst thing I could imagine is stalling in the middle of an Arab villiage with my baby, given the latest hostilities in the Middle East.

My Life Coach has told me repeatedly that I have the extraordinary super-power of manifesting my thoughts and intentions, for both the positive and the negative, and apparently my car (and the Universe) listened this time.

No comments: