Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Dose of Perspective

The food in Japan is radioactive and toxic for humans.
When I was sitting in the police station to report the theft, a woman came in after me and lodged a complaint against her abusive husband, and mother-in-law.
Bombs at the Jerusalem Central Bus Station, and the shooting of innocent civilians by Arab terrorists.

I am almost in a place where I can agree with those who have told me to "buck up" and "get over it."  After all, my daughter and I are alive and well.

1 comment:

Philo said...

Having sympathy for victims of earthquakes, tsunamis, and terrorist attacks and recognizing that your troubles are comparatively minor doesn't mean that you have to suppress your own feelings. Yes, by comparison it's not that big a deal. But within the context of your own life, it's a huge deal. Having your pocketbook or wallet stolen feels violating. Yes, you should methodically take all the steps neccesary to protect yourself & Rafaela, and try, with the help of friends, to get yourself back on an even keel. But don't do yourself the disservice of being made to feel that your distress is invalid or selfish. Your feelings are your own, and you're entitled to be freaked out. My best advice is to take a lot of deep breaths and keep doing whatever you need to do to get past this.