Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hormonal All the Same

This morning I felt a desperate need for coffee, and after I dropped Raphaela off at Gan, I went to my favorite local bakery and ordered a large hafuch ("strong, please") and a pastry.  I also took the opportunity to read the newspaper and found an article about a 15 month old child who died yesterday, his parents donated his organs.  The article spoke about the parents' decision, and how this toddler had already saved two lives.

I had to stop reading and close the paper, I had started crying and could not control myself.

At the table next to me sat a father his four year old daughter, they were sharing a breakfast and playing a memory game.  This little girl was friendly and clever and verbal, and I smiled watching them interact.  Of course then I started thinking about what Raphaela would be like at that age, and felt the tears coming on as well.

I am not pregnant, and am not expecting my period, but I feel emotional and hormonal all the same.  It seems that once you go through childbirth and become a mother, scenes and stories like this get you, every time.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I can't find that article. Can you post a link?

Doc said...

It was in the Israeli paper (in Hebrew), I will see if I held onto it.

Rachel Selby said...

Totally - every time.