Friday, December 24, 2010

Raphaela's Friends, Mommy's Friends

I have finally achieved the status of a Gan Mommy.

One of the other mothers, whose daughter is in Raphaela's group, invited the two of us over for a meal, so the girls could play together and so we could get to know each other better.  I felt warm and accepted, having other parents reach out to me, it is the first time in literally years that I am making new adult friends, thanks to my daughter.

Tonight is Christmas Eve, and normally I attend the annual YMCA special concert of 300 year old tower bells; Raphaela loves music as well, and I know she would enjoy hearing these unusual rich sounds.  But because it is Shabbat we will be socializing instead, with our Gan friends.  Happy holidays!

1 comment:

Commenter Abbi said...

That's a great feeling. You should try reaching out as well to other mothers who look interesting to you. I remember spending many afternoons with other mother, sometimes so late that we'd bathe the kids together, give them dinner and I'd plop my daughter into bed when we got home at around 7. You can find some amazing friends through gan, don't let it pass you by.