Tuesday, August 10, 2010

By the Numbers

I received word from my family doctor this week that my blood tests results show totally normal and stable readings, and that in her words, there is no reason to think that I could not have another child, should I choose to do so. The fact that I have not had my period for the last 19 months, in addition to continuing to nurse, has nothing to do with my ability to ovulate and get pregnant.

Then I realized that since Raphaela has been born, I sleep uninterrupted for no more than three hours at a time. I work full time and get through the day, but collapse by 8:30 pm.

I very much want Raphaela to have a sibling, but I think it most prudent to wait and see how/if my life changes once she starts Gan in October, and in theory I have more hours in the day for myself. The last thing I want is to spread myself too thin - emotionally, physically and financially- because I am in love with the idea of having another baby.

1 comment:

mother in israel said...

When thinking about another child, keep in mind that in most cases (not all) the stage between 18 and 24 months is very difficult. In some ways, the child's need for his mother is more intense than during the newborn period and he certainly sleeps a lot less. First-time mothers tend to think that once they got over the newborn period it only gets easier, but that is not so unless you will be blessed with an unusually calm and content toddler.