Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sleep Training, Night Two

Last night she fell asleep exhausted around 6:15 pm and slept eight uninterrupted hours, waking up around 2:30 am to have a nursing snack. My milk production has stabilized for the first time in two weeks, since returning from the Boston, and so the activity benefited both of us.

She then slept until 5:30 am and played in her crib for 15 minutes until I took her out, smile on her face.

So far, phtoo phtoo, none of that hysterical crying that I was promised by the books and by the doctor and by the care taker. Raphaela has never been a crying baby.

Harry has a secret method of getting into the building at night, which I discovered and closed off, so once he went outside, there was none of that in-out game on an hourly basis. I think, although I still feel cumulatively tired, that I slept six hours straight last night.

Now I must push myself to the next level, of not feeling guilty when I don't feed her in the middle of the night, and to teach her that she does not and should not eat out of habit.

1 comment:

koshergourmetmart said...

there is nothing to feel guilty about;teaching her not to eat out of habit is love just like setting limits is