Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oh My Aching Head

At seven this morning, the construction trucks rolled in, and they started knocking down walls.
At eight this morning I tried to call the owner of the property, and he did not answer the phone.
At ten this morning I spoke to the Head Contractor, who assured me that they would work "quietly" and would do everything they could not to antagonize the neighbors.
At twelve noon, the contractor and the owner sat with some of the neighbors in my salon, whereupon we yelled and threatened legal action.
At one pm, the drilling stopped temporarily, thank G-d.

Right now I have a pounding headache, Raphaela has been crying all morning because of the noise and the literal vibration of the house, but it is silent. I have no idea if I will be able to work in my office for the next few weeks because of this disruptive event, but for now, it is silent.

Bliss.

No comments: