Saturday, March 27, 2010

Filling the Freezer

Normally I prepare bottles in advance of the needs of the week, for the care taker; but with our trip less than 12 hours away, I have been pumping milk and for the first time since Raphaela is born, I can store breast milk for the future. It feels fulfilling to know that I have "extra" milk for her, that I am performing as Raphaela's mother.

I did the math and figured out that our total transit time is about 22 hours, from the time we leave my house in Jerusalem and the time we arrive at my parents' door step in Boston. I hope that my milk does not dry up because of fatigue or stress, and have packed some formula just in case we get stuck without breast milk for example in the middle of Heathrow, in our five hour layover.

Back to my last minute packing, I am probably taking much more than either of us will need or use while in America. I must account for New England weather, which changes on the hour and is supposedly cold for the season.

As much as I am looking forward to this trip, to Raphaela meeting her cousins, I will miss the atmosphere of Pessach in Israel, and I will miss the promise of Spring.

2 comments:

Abandoning Eden said...

it's spring in the US, at least in my part...I was up in boston last week and spring was starting to happen there too :)

Asher said...

Don't forget to take the stroller out of your car!