Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Truly, A Miracle Child

Not only did I lose weight while pregnant, but according to the optician today, my eyesight improved. I had been having trouble reading and had been getting some headaches, which I attributed to the position of my head during breast feeding. Turns out my myopia went from minus 4.25 to 3.75, thank you Raphaela!

(I can see the headline: "Amazing Fat Sucking Baby Cures Vision")

Now if only she could learn better sleeping habits, we would all function better, except for Harry who waits until just the worst possible moment to desperately need food/attention/to be let out. His timing is uncanny, and straight out of the textbooks on sibling rivalry. I realized that Harry makes the perfect developmental toy for Raphaela: he's black and white, he moves and makes noise, and has a fuzzy texture.

Though her skin was flawless at birth, Raphaela started with the classic baby acne in the last week. In response, I am cutting down on the processed sugar I intake, as it gets processed immediately into milk; and I have started the baby on non-lactose formula, for the one to two bottles she gets each day. She has to look great for her American passport photo.

2 comments:

Commenter Abbi said...

Processed sugar has absolutely nothing to do with baby acne. It's a phase all babies go through no matter what you or they eat.

It's connected to hormonal changes in the baby: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/imagepages/19645.htm

koshergourmetmart said...

some say it is caused by hormones babies receive from their mother at the end of pregnancy. Jsut another thing for kids to blame their parents for