Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Are We There Yet?

Yesterday, I felt so happy to be on official pre-birth maternity leave, that I was singing. Today, by 10 am, the thrill had passed and I found myself bored, wondering how to fill the time. Amazing how the removal of work as the focus of my single life creates a gap so large that I don't know what to do with myself.

So I napped, watched TV (a million channels and nothing worthwhile), received a Chiropractic appointment, as well as a standard visit with my doctor. According to my gynecologist, there is no real sign that I will give birth before Rosh Hashana, though after the Chiropractic appointment, there is always the possibility of labor within a few days, as I have seen in my own practice. My gyn also gave me a guess-timate weight for the baby, somewhere around three kilo, which is the weight at which I was born.

I have also started to receive telephone calls from friends and patients, essentially asking if I have given birth yet. Like finishing work yesterday means that this baby and G-d and the Greater Universe will attune itself to my schedule and state of readiness...I would love to have the baby Thursday in sync with my Dad's birthday, and yet I know that I don't control the timing at all.

I accept the greater plan, and pray that the baby take as much time as she needs.

No comments: