Sunday, July 26, 2009

Birthing Class, The Movie

Tonight, the second to last birth preparation class, we watched a movie about natural childbirth, dubbed from the original Austrian into Hebrew. Having been to several births myself, the blood and guts detail did not shock or scare me; if anything, it helped me come to an even greater understanding and appreciation as regards the miracle that is the human body, and specifically, birth.

The religious woman/child ran out of the room during the opening credits and refused to watch a single frame of the movie. Another woman in the class, the gum-smacking anti-Chiropractic nurse was the only one in the room who when asked, said that the movie frightened and disgusted her.

Two months to go, and I am not even sure if my parents will come from the States to help me after the birth, because the timing is "inconvenient."

No comments: