Monday, December 22, 2008

Integrating Plans

My blood test came back negative, but I knew that was going to happen.

I spoke to the nurses about the transition process into IVF, and they told me that in a best-case scenario, I would still have to wait at least a month.

In the past, they have pushed me not to "miss an opportunity," even when I felt I needed a break. Using their motivation to manipulate the situation, combined with my highest desire to avoid IVF if possible, I suggested that I "might as well" do another IUI this month, if I would have had to wait until 2009 anyway to enroll in the IVF program.

Furthermore, I pointed out that my first six rounds were destined to fail, due to the blockage of the neck of the cervix. Now that the surgery in November had repaired that crucial design flaw, in truth my seventh and most recent attempt - the first after the surgery, could be thought of as the first try, and so my body deserved another chance.

I provided as proof the fact that this period has been the heaviest in the history of my cycle, since I started at the age of 12 and a half. Maybe my body has just woken up.

I await their consideration and response.

No comments: