Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Anything Different in Your Life?

An odd and yet reassuring thing happened to me yesterday, when I walked into my Pilates class. I had arrived early, and waited with the cheery secretary until the floor cleared a little.

She looked at me, and started asking me all sorts of obtuse questions, like: "Anything different in your life?" "Are you planning something big?" "How are you feeling?" Finally, with a puzzled look on my face I asked her what she truly meant to ask me, and she whispered, "Are you pregnant?"

Once I recovered from the question, and assured myself that I was not any fatter today than I had been the last time she saw me, I replied, "Not yet," and filled her in on the barest details. She smiled large, and explained that when I walked in, I had that pregnant "glow" in my face, and when she looked in my eyes, she could have sworn that I was "with child."

I am glad that I am starting to radiate a serenity about my choice, because it means I am in the right place for pregnancy to happen, and that's a good thing, with insemination theoretically less than a month away.

The glow comment also gives me pause, because later in the day I went for a facial treatment, and TC mentioned that I looked a bit sunburned, so who knows what the secretary saw.

No comments: