Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Babies Cost Money II

As this process continues, I am composing a list of supplies, both pre and post natal, in terms of needs for me as a mother and the physical and emotional needs of my child. I have also sat with KB (my cousin) and his wife, and constructed a basic monthly budget.

If you think I have missed something, please let me know!

Furniture

Basinet, Crib, Bouncy Chair, High Chair, Changing Table, Air-tight diaper disposal container, Rocking Chair for Breastfeeding, Breastfeeding Pillow, Bath (including non slip mat and bath toys)

Transportation

Snugli, Stroller, Car Seat, Baby Supply Travel Bag

Fun and Education

Toys, Books, Baby Groups

Technical Equipment

Breastfeeding Pump, Digital camera/video, Tush Thermometer, Treadmill (so Mom can exercise without leaving the house)

Sustainance

Formula (as supplement for Breast Milk), Bibs, Pampers, Bottles and Sterilizer, Wipes/Desitin, age and size appropriate clothing as baby grows; and as Mom grows during the pregnancy and shrinks afterwards, Breastfeeding Bras.

Other

Pre Natal Classes and Doula, Brit Milah (if it's a boy, including the Mohel, catering and renting the space), Babysitters

No comments: